- University of Minnesota, Cardiovascular Division
- Allina Health and EMS
- Regions Hospital and EMS
- Hennepin County Medical Center and EMS
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital and Mpls Heart Institute
- North Memorial Hospital and EMS
- Ridgeview Hospital and EMS
- Minnesota Ambulance Association
- Minnesota Hospital Association
- Minnesota Department of Health
- MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board
The University of Minnesota Medical School – Cardiovascular Division leads the Minnesota Resuscitation Consortium, a partnership of organizations and acute care physicians focused on providing a new platform of treatments and technologies to more rapidly deploy and evaluate advances in the treatment of sudden cardiac arrest.
- Dedication to the development, evaluation and advancement of novel life-saving technologies for the treatment of acute cardiovascular collapse, including cardiac arrest, shock and trauma.
- EMS and Cardiology committees representing leadership statewide are developing standardized best practices for cardiac arrest management and care.
- SCA survivors lead efforts to increase bystander response.
Key Results to Date
- Developed statewide leadership teams of citizens, community leaders, emergency care professionals, and physicians to work on projects that ultimately will help improve survival rates.
- Expanded data collection efforts using CARES from Hennepin County to seven county metro area and into greater Minnesota.
- Developed bystander CPR training registry and an AED registry specifically for Minnesota.
- Partnered with American Heart Association, American Red Cross, and Minnesota Sudden Cardiac Arrest Survivors Network on legislative efforts for CPR training in schools and establishment of an AED registry.
Demetris Yannopoulos, M.D.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Medical Director, Minnesota Resuscitation Consortium
Director of Research, Interventional Cardiology Section
Robert Wilson, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief of Clinical Cardiology
Fred C. & Katherine B. Andersen Endowed Chair in Cardiology
Minnesota State CARES Coordinator and Analyst