Tips and tools for increasing survival rates
- The University of Pennsylvania is home to the Center for Resuscitation Science whose website is chock full of resources including protocols for hospital hypothermia, frequently asked questions and references.
- Information on hypothermia and resuscitation training course (HART) at Penn can be found here.
- A consensus statement detailing post cardiac arrest syndrome was published in Circulation in 2008 Neumar, RW et al: Post-Cardiac Arrest Syndrome : Epidemiology
Helpful links to resources and organizations
- University of Pennsylvania Center for Resuscitation Science: The university’s comprehensive therapeutic hypothermia training program is world-renowned
- theheart.org: Comprehensive website for medical professionals that provides information on caring and preventing disorders of the heart and circulation
To improve SCA survival rates within a community, the three levels of response – bystander, prehospital and hospital – must be connected and coordinated.